Library is a structural unit of the university.
The goals of the library are:
- To study and analyze informational requirements of the university students and staff; to plan and launch appropriate programs;
- To develop and renovate general and specialized information resources and services;
- To increase literacy in the university; to plan and organize various activities for that purpose.
The functions of the library are:
- To provide the academic process with necessary learning material (books, newspapers/magazines etc.);
- To organize, preserve, control and analyze library stock that meets current standards;
- To study, check and refine the stock periodically;
- To establish exchangeable library stock.
Working hours: Monday-Friday – 9:00 – 21:00; Saturday – 9:00 – 18:00.
How to Search a book (link)
Tel: (+995 32) 2 42 22 42/103
Database - EBSCO
Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University offers access to the world leading research database EBSCO to its students and staff.
EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) is a leading provider of information services to the libraries all over the world. It has 11000 subscribers in more than 100 countries. It includes hundreds of research databases, historical archives and medical references. By means of EBSCO it is possible to subscribe to more than 360 000 publications, 57 000 e-journals and to have access to more than 900 000 e-books. EBSCO databases provide access to the newest resources, that is the most significant advantage of EBSCO.
To access EBSCO database, use the link.
- - Academic Search ELITE
- - Business Source ELITE
- - Master FILE ELITE
- - Health Source: Consumer Edition
- - Health Source: Nursing/Academic
- - Newspaper Source
- - MEDLINE
- - Library and Information Center (LISTA)
- - Regional Business News
- - GreenFile
Access to the aforementioned electronic databases is possible only in the University building.
New database - HeineOnline
Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University offers access to the new database HeineOnline to its students and staff.
HeinOnline (HOL) is an internet database service launched in 2000 by William S. Hein & Co., Inc. (WSH Co). HeinOnline is a source for traditional legal materials (reported cases, statutes, government regulations, academic law reviews, commercially produced law journals and magazines, and classic treatises), historical, governmental, and political documents, legislative debates, legislative and executive branch reports, world constitutions, international treaties, and reports and other documents of international organizations. The database includes more than 100 million pages of materials “in an online, fully searchable, image-based format.”
University Have another Database: